The USS LST 325 cruised past the Port of Madison, Indiana today on her Kanawha River Cruise voyage. (You can keep track of her progress here)
The World War II ship will pass through and stop in Madison on September 12 and be docked for tours until September 16 and finally return to Evansville by September 23.
Learn more about this ship on their official website and Facebook page. This particular transport vessel was present at Omaha Beach during the D-Day invasion of the beaches of the Normandy region of France.
Schedule for the cruise is: Aug. 26th – Sept. 23rd
- Sailing for the Kanawha River on August 26th and will return to Evansville Indiana September 23rd.
- The USS LST 325 will be open for tours from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the dates specified.
- Charleston W.V.August 30th to September 3rd
- Ashland KY.September 5th to September 9th (OPEN until 7:00 p.m.
- Sept. 6th)
- Madison IN.September 12th to September 16th
- Owensboro KY.September 19th to September 22nd