I was browsing Wayne Engle’s blog and found a link to the city ordinances online. This might be handy for citizens to know, especially parents.
Madison, Indiana Code of Ordinances
Title XIII General Offences
§ 130.02 CURFEW FOR MINORS.
(A) It is a curfew violation for a child 15, 16, or 17 years of age to be in a public place:
(1) Between l:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. on Saturday or Sunday;
(2) After 11:00 p.m. on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday;
(3) Before 5:00 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
(B) It is a curfew violation for a child under 15 years of age to be in a public place after 11:00 p.m. or before 5:00 a.m. on any day.
(C) This section does not apply to a child who is:
(1) Accompanied by his parent, guardian, or custodian;
(2) Accompanied by an adult specified by his parent, guardian, or custodian; or
(3) Participating in, going to, or returning from:
(a) Lawful employment;
(b) A school-sanctioned activity; or
(c) A religious event.
(’66 Code, Ch. 91) (IC 31-6-4-2) (Am. Ord. 2007-5, passed 6-5-07) Penalty, see § 130.99
Excerpt from American Legal Publishing Cooperation