This year’s Christmas parade was held at 10 AM on Saturday, December 1st. By all accounts crowd turnout & participation was high. Watch our coverage video below or visit our Facebook page for pictures. Here is another set of photos from the parade. Leave a comment to let us know your favorite entree. The city of Madison also uploaded a full length video of the parade.
The renewal was led by Aaron Kelsey and his students from the Madison Consolidated High School. The Madison Courier has a good story about the planning process. As you can see above, they assembled an impressive number of floats and live performances.
The parade is the essential Christmas event in Madison. It also helped to have perfect weather. The temperature should be around 52F with thin cloud cover. No freeze out this year!
You can also see our video from the 2009 parade.
2012 Christmas Parade Lineup
Parade list in order of appearance:
1. Madison Police Department
2. Honor guard
3. Madison 1972 fire engine
4. Parade title banner
5. King’s Daughter’s Health, Candyland float
6. Southwestern Rebel regiment
7. Village Lights Bookstore, Skippyjon Jones
8. Madison Junior High School peer counselors
9. Southwestern PTO, Santa Claus is Coming to Town float
10. A.D.O.P.T. Dogs
11. Bridge for Animals, Snoopy truck
12. Cub Scout Pack 718, sleigh float
13. Girls Inc., walkers
14. FFA/ Jefferson County Public Library Madison branch, Berenstain Bear family
15. VETS of Madison, cars
16. Madison Consolidated High School Theatre, “White Christmas”
17. Hanover College pep band
18. Madison Trolley
19. Ohio Valley Celtic Society
20. ENCORE! Madison Consolidated High School show choir
21. Jefferson County Paranormal Society, float
22. Shawe Memorial marching band
23. Pope John Elementary School, float
24. River Valley Financial Bank, Garfield-George True’s car
25. Madison Consolidated High School Fine Arts Academy, Christmas trolley
26. Ulster Project, float
27. Little People’s Boutique, Curious George-Roger Furhman’s car
28. Musical Resource, dancers
29. Little Grand Theatre Co., A Christmas Carol Carriage
30. Madison Consolidated High School, sleigh ride unit
31. Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
32. Centerstone, A Charlie Brown Christmas float
33. Gallery 115, Norman Rockwell car
34. North Madison Christian Church, float
35. Big Oaks Wildlife Refuge, Puddles Goose float
36. Madison Consolidated Schools elementary music, float
37. 2012 Miss Jefferson County
38. Calvary Baptist Church, float
39. The Christmas car
40. Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen float
41. Madison Consolidated High School Marching Cubs
42. Madison Courier and Arvin Sango, Santa Claus float
Here is the excert from the city’s website
It may just be summer, but we are busy planning the 2012 Very Merry Madison Christmas Parade. The parade will be held on Main Street (from Jefferson to Mill) at 10:00AM in downtown Madison on Saturday, December 1st, 2012.
Aaron Kelsey, Theater Director at MCHS is this year’s Parade Coordinator. If you would like to be a part of the parade, please see the rules and the entry form below. Hard copies are also available at City Hall.
Sponsorships are still available. If you have questions, please contact Parade Coordinator Aaron Kelsey at email@example.com or Community Relations Director Andrew Forrester at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-265-8300.