The talk of the town today was the impending demolition at the Milton-Madison Bridge. After waiting all morning (and into the afternoon) the big explosion came around 1:20 PM. This page will link to video & photographs of the bridge explosion below.
More Video of the Milton-Madison Bridge Implosion
- Wave3 posted this areial footage on Facebook
- Ken Richie posted this video to the Madison Courier
- The Mayor’s office posted the video above on YouTube
- Close-up video from the workers location
- WHAS 11 posted their video and story
- Walter Long posted his video on YouTube (watch below)
Photos from Facebook
- Welders cutting the supports before the explosion
- Excavator removing the road surface overnight
- Walter Long’s video of the bridge approach before the ramps were demolished
- After the explosion demo photograph
City of Madison
- The Mayor’s office (Facebook & Twitter) will post media later this afternoon.
- Video of Mayor Welch onsite during overnight road removal
Madison Courier Video & Reports
- Video slideshow of overnight photos before the explosion
- The Madison Courier (Facebook & Twitter) will have more coverage forthcoming
Local Television Coverage
- Several local stations were onsite. We’ll link their coverage once it’s online
This is only the first phase of the building project. The demolition above is the Indiana approach. The full demolition will be later in 2012.
The Bridge spans the Ohio River between Milton, Kentucky and Madison, Indiana. It was dedicated on December 20, 1929 and has served the community for over 82 years.